Monday, September 14, 2009

Canning class

It's been a while since I have blogged. Guess I am still getting used to this! I just signed up to help at a canning class this Thursday, 9/17. Anyone care to join me? We will learn how to can tomatoes and I can't wait! I hope I am chosen to help...you can learn more about this class at www.CharliVogt.com. If you do register for the class, let her know I sent you! Charli teaches the class at Oakhurst Community Garden Center.

Today, I am serving a totally vegetarian meal. I had some leftover salad dressing that I made from Rick Bayless' cookbook, "Everyday Mexican" made from dried New Mexico chiles rehydrated in olive oil in a skillet alongside some garlic cloves. The whole thing is blended along with some vinegar. It's quite yummy. So tonight's dinner is salad with avocado, tomato and blue cheese. I will also stir fry some local squash and zucchini. I have dried garbanzos cooking in my crock pot and I will make a hummus when they are tender (about 4 hours). I think I might make Baba Ghanoush, too. I found a good recipe on the Food Network (foodtv.com) that I want to try again. The last time I made it I used frozen eggplant slices that I had put up last summer and it worked out quite nicely. Today, I actually have a whole eggplant from last week's CSA share. (www.moorefarmsandfriends.com) I should have enough to send some leftovers for snack tomorrow!

All for now- off to roast the eggplant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow

 
Custom Search